Before we begin, it is important to note that Ebay doesn’t allow buyers to cancel orders themselves. You can only send a cancellation request to the seller, who will then have to accept the request.
Make sure to send the request before the item has been dispatched; otherwise, cancellation won’t be possible. In that case, you’ll have to wait until the item arrives and then request the item to be returned instead.
How To Cancel Orders Made Within The Last Hour
You can cancel any orders you made during the last hour by following the steps mentioned below. Note that this is only possible if the item hasn’t been dispatched yet.
- Go to the Purchase History section to open a detailed list of all your previous orders.
- Locate the order you want to cancel. It should be on the top slot if that was your most recent order.
- Click on the ‘More Actions’ option, which will prompt a dropdown menu to appear.
- In the list, click on the option that says ‘Cancel this order.’
- Click on submit to send your cancellation request to the seller.
The seller will receive your request and will be given 3 days to either accept or decline the request. Ebay will send you a confirmation message for the cancellation if they accept. The platform will send the confirmation to your eBay messages, and your official registered email address.
Suppose you haven’t paid for the item yet, and the seller has neither dispatched the item nor accepted your cancellation request. In this case, Ebay will automatically cancel your order.
How To Cancel An Order You Made Previously
Suppose you made the order a day back, and the order hasn’t been dispatched yet; you can still cancel your order by reaching out to the seller. To do this, follow the steps provided below.
- Head over to your Purchase history, which will show you a list of all your previous orders.
- Find the order you want to cancel.
- Click on the option that says ‘More actions.’ This will prompt a dropdown menu to appear, presenting you with various options.
- In the dropdown menu, select the option that says ‘Contact seller.’
- You will see options to cancel the order and contact the seller.
- Click on the cancel order option first, then select the option to contact the seller.
- You can now type down your reason for why you want to request a cancellation. Ensure you are polite in your request and state valid reasons for the cancellation.
- Once you are done, click on send.
Ebay will send the request to the seller, who will have to respond within 3 days. The order will be automatically canceled if you haven’t paid yet and the seller hasn’t dispatched the item. If the seller refuses your request, you’ll have to wait until the item arrives and then go for a return request.
Most cancellation requests are typically accepted if the seller hasn’t dispatched the item. So naturally, the faster you make the request, the more chances of success. Note that you won’t be allowed to cancel the order if you have already requested a return or made a report that you didn’t receive the item.